Junior Full Stack Web Developer (Django / Python) – Salary dependant on experience
incling is a boutique market research consultancy that specialises in building online research communities for top brands. We’re expanding rapidly and looking to add a junior developer that lives, breathes and plays with new technologies to be part of an exciting web application development team.
We need a lateral thinker and keen all rounder who is happy to work on their own and manage his or her own time. In this role you will have the freedom to work from wherever you feel inspired and flex outside of the standard 8 – 5 working hours – which also means that you need to be driven enough to meet deadlines outside of a formal office space and structure.
Even though we’re geographically dispersed we are a tight knit team who keep in touch and collaborate on a daily basis (using Skype, join.me, Asana and Google drive). We like to work hard, but also believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance so everyone at incling is welcome to fit their working day flexibly between our core hours (7am to 9pm). We do work across multiple markets so occasionally ask that the team shift their schedule to align with different timezones.
You will be working directly with one of the founders and who is currently based in London. Candidate need to have English as a first language as open and clear communication is a large part of incling’s ethos.
What will I be doing?
This role is for an initial 3-month trial (full time) which will be converted to a long term position at the end of the probation period depending on your circumstance. Training will be provided but we expect that you have a decent understanding of the technologies listed below. As is the case for any software developer we will expect that can keep yourself abreast about the latest trends in our stack and have a keen willingness to continuous learning.
Skills and experience
You will need to know your way around quite a wide range of web technologies. You will most likely work with the list below and will be expected to have at least 1 years experience (we will consider pet project for experience) with most of them.
- Linux web hosting environment
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
You’ll gain extra brownie points for:
- Being creatively minded
- Having a degree
- Any international experience
- Database design
- Back-end development
- Pixel perfect front-end development
- Cross browser testing (Mac & PC)
- Regular updates and feedback
- Proficiency in the MVC coding paradigm
- Organised and efficient
- Your own computer which will allow you to preform you duties
- A fast and reliable internet connection
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Passion to build something awesome
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about creating innovative interactive solutions
- Finger on the pulse of the latest trends online
- Working remotely
- Working on an online business which means decisions are made fast
- Work on an international product which is tailored for fast moving developed countries
- Small team so your voice will be valuable and everything you do will have an impact
- Ability to set your own working hours between 7am – 9pm UK Time.
If you think this role might be for you please complete the attached Django exercise and send it to us with your CV and a cover letter. To submit your Django task please upload it to Github and provide us with a link to access it in your cover letter.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – NO Recruiters please
Django plays a big role in abstracting away the need to deal with database management. However, this means as developers we have to make good choices about what structures and data our models contain and how they are related to enable the ORM to work most efficiently.
The task is to therefore create a three model Django project that contains school objects, classroom objects, and student objects. A student can belong only to one classroom and a classroom only relates to a single school.
We do not need to know subjects that pupils might be taking, or any results, grades, or exams they might be associated with, so these should not be included within the above models.
You can build the project using just Django with the above models CRUD being managed by the Django Admin. No frontend work is required on this task.
Research Manager / Director
This is an opportunity to fill a key role in a dynamic and fast growing agency. The role will involve independently leading innovative online community projects (locally and internationally), managing junior members of the team and delivering high quality consultancy to our clients as well as seeking opportunities for account growth. As a young developing company, we would also look to you to help us develop our IP, shape the business and represent incling at conferences.
The ideal person will be a great communicator, confident in working closely with brands through a whole project cycle and wants to work in a dynamic and flexible environment.
Day to day responsibilities
- Manage and own client accounts, running projects from start to finish
- Work with clients to fully understand their business and key challenges
- Design and write proposals to meet objectives
- Coach and manage your team to uncover actionable and meaningful insight. You will initially be responsible for 2 community managers
- Write regular reports and run workshops to share findings and ensure insights are actioned
- Find creative ways to share insight and findings with the clients wider team
- Drive growth of your team by selling new communities and projects
- Actively help incling build on our IP
Ideally you would be…
- Passionate about delivering great insight and innovation
- Excited by and interested in the online world and social media
- A self starter who is excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills plus a proactive approach
- Common sense and quick thinking to be able to react quickly to any issues
- Passionate about developing, managing and building a team
- A team player who is reliable and flexible with availability to support the team as and when required beyond normal working hours (flexi-time)
We are a small and flexible company so we like to work from home, our client’s offices, shared work space in London Bridge or most often a good café. The choice is yours.
Email your CV to email@example.com – No recruiters please!